Saturday, October 13, 2007

What do you eat?

The great thing about OA is that there is no set food plan and the official program literature says that we are "not a diet and calories club." Each member is given the dignity of choice plan and is allowed to create their own abstinence.

What does my food plan look like? Well, that depends on my abstinence and my abstinence means that I don't eat any type of flour, artifical sugars, fast food, bing foods, any type of sugar or fried food and I eat three times at day--usually at 630am, Noon and at about 6pm. I also refrain from night eating and eating handfuls out of boxes or bags. Weighing and measuring works for me.

Here's a typical day. I get most of my food from Wild Oats market or Whole Foods

Breakfast-
1/2 cup cereal--Ezekiel Sprouted Grain cereal
1 cup milk
1/3 cup almonds
1 tbsp honey

Lunch
1 cup fat free plain yogurt
1 tbsp honey
1/3 cup almonds
1 apple
1 organic flax bar
1 diet coke


Dinner
Sharkey's power plate--
6 oz chicken
1/2 cup brown rice
1 cup broccoli

No comments: